PLEASE NOTE: THE SOA MFE EXAM SYLLABUS FOR THE JULY 2017 EXAM WILL BE MODIFIED. THIS MATERIAL IS APPROPRIATE IF YOU ARE TAKING THE NOVEMBER 2016 OR MARCH 2017 MFE EXAM. INFORMATION REGARDING THE MATERIAL FOR THE JULY 2017 AND LATER EXAMS WILL BE AVAILABLE SOON.
A solid understanding of the important MFE/3F concepts is crucial, but practice working exam-style questions is the real key to passing the exam. That’s why we provide approximately 650 exam-style questions in our MFE/3F Questions.
All of our practice questions have a difficulty rating assigned to them so that you can gauge your progress on the more challenging questions. Our questions are exam style in that they are multiple choice and their level of difficulty is similar to that of the actual exam questions. Furthermore, our solutions use the standard normal distribution table with rounding specified by the Society of Actuaries, so you can work the practice problems using the same techniques that you will use during the exam.
Our MFE/3F Questions can be used in conjunction with our MFE/3F Study Manual, or they may be used as a stand-alone product by students who would like to have more exam-style questions to work. The Questions are also useful to students who would like to have another perspective on the type of questions that might asked on the actual exam.
Full solutions to the approximately 650 exam-style MFE/3F Questions can be downloaded from www.actuarialbrew.com for free or a professionally printed hard copy version can be purchased.
Free email support is provided to students who purchase our MFE/3F Questions. We provide quick responses to questions because we are dedicated to help our customers pass the exam.
The MFE/3F Questions cover the entire required course of reading for Exam MFE/3F:
- Chapter 01: Put-Call Parity and Replication
- Chapter 02: Comparing Options
- Chapter 03: Binomial Trees: Part I
- Chapter 04: Binomial Trees: Part II
- Chapter 05: Lognormally Distributed Prices
- Chapter 06: Histograms and Normal Probability Plots
- Chapter 07: The Black-Scholes Formula
- Chapter 08: The Greeks and Other Measures
- Chapter 09: Delta-Hedging
- Chapter 10: Exotic Options: Part I
- Chapter 11: Exotic Options: Part II
- Chapter 12: Monte Carlo Simulation
- Chapter 13: Volatility
- Chapter 14: Brownian Motion
- Chapter 15: The Sharpe Ratio and Itô’s Lemma
- Chapter 16: The Black-Scholes Equation
- Chapter 17: The Black Model for Options on Bonds
- Chapter 18: Binomial Short Rate Models
- Chapter 19: Continuous-Time Models of Interest Rates
Joe Francis, FSA, CFA and Chris Ruckman, FSA
Ruckman and Francis are the co-authors of Financial Mathematics – A Practical Guide for Actuaries and Other Business Professionals, which is an approved text of the Society of Actuaries for Exam FM. The authors each have over 10 years of experience in the actuarial education field. They each also have almost 15 years of experience working in the insurance industry.
Francis has been teaching MFE/3F seminars since the exam was introduced in 2007. Francis also teaches financial mathematics as the actuary-in-residence at Indiana University – Purdue University Fort Wayne.