This manual can be used for all 2018 exams
NEW eManual technology for protected PDFs!!!
- Access content from any device, anywhere
- Online in your Actuarial Bookstore account/web browser
- Offline via the FREE desktop player (pc or mac)
- Online/Offline via mobile application (android or iPhone)
- Take notes and highlight content
- Use available content immediately upon confirmation of your order
- Some restrictions do apply:
- Access through “My Account/My Learning Tools” section of your account
- 1 Year License
- Single User (sharing and/or resale is prohibited)
- Access to content on up to four devices
- Permission to print up to TWO copies of the document total (*printing requires use of the offline desktop player - free software download)
- Use off-line for up to 5 days at a time
- NO RETURNS
Copyright rules apply to printed and digital content. Content may not be shared, sold or manipulated in any way. Copyright infringement is in violation of the SOA Code of Professional Conduct and can result in discipline procedures.
The BTDT Course FM Study Manual by Dr. Krzysztof Ostaszewski covers the entire Course FM. All key formulas and ideas to remember are discussed and explained. This is followed by 20 practice examinations, each with 35 problems, with complete detailed solutions.
Table Of Contents:
1. Fundamental Concepts Of The Theory Of Interest
2. Cash Flows And Interest Measurement In A Fund
4. Loan Amortization
5. Bonds And Other Securities
7. Convexity, Applications Of Duration And Convexity
8. Classical Immunization
9. The Yield Curve And Multivariate Immunization
10. Common Stocks, Preferred Stocks, Their Durations, And Short Sales
11. Determinants of Interest Rates
Dr. Krzysztof M. Ostaszewski, PhD, FSA, FSAS, CFA, CERA, MAAA, is the Actuarial Program Director at Illinois State University, a Center of Actuarial Excellence and winner of the Casualty Actuarial Society University Award. Dr. Ostaszewski was also the Director for Life and Pensions Research at the Geneva Association, International Association for the Study of Risk and Insurance Economics, in the period 2011-2013. He has taught actuarial science at Illinois State University, New England Actuarial Seminars, University of Louisville, University of Ulm, Washington University in St. Louis, EM Lyon in France, and Technical University of Lodz in Poland. He has also taught Summer Actuarial School in Poland, and Actex Professional Development Seminars. Dr. Ostaszewski has published four research monographs in actuarial mathematics, two in mathematics, was a Fulbright Research Fellow and a Fulbright Senior Specialist, and has published widely, including journals such as Journal of Risk and Insurance, Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, American Economic Review, North American Actuarial Journal, and many others. For his research work, he was the recipient of the prestigious Mehr Award of the American Risk and Insurance Association in 2005 and the Hardigree Award of the Western Risk and Insurance Association in 2003.
Dr. Ostaszewski provides a free YouTube channel with continuously added practice problems at:
Questions? Email the author at:
All Errata for Dr. Ostaszewski’s work can be found at: