NEW eManual technology for protected PDFs!!!
- Access content from any device, anywhere
- Online in your Actuarial Bookstore account/web browser
- Offline via the FREE desktop player (pc or mac)
- Online/Offline via mobile application (android or iPhone)
- Take notes and highlight content
- Use available content immediately upon confirmation of your order
- Some restrictions do apply:
- Access through “My Account/My Learning Tools” section of your account
- 1 Year License
- Single User (sharing and/or resale is prohibited)
- Access to content on up to four devices
- Permission to print up to TWO copies of the document total (*printing requires use of the offline desktop player - free software download)
- Use off-line for up to 5 days at a time
- NO RETURNS
Copyright rules apply to printed and digital content. Content may not be shared, sold or manipulated in any way. Copyright infringement is in violation of the SOA Code of Professional Conduct and can result in discipline procedures.
This study manual for the Course MLC, 2018 edition, covers the entire syllabus of the exam, and is rewritten for the recent changes in the exam content, as well as the number and type of questions. Important exam shortcuts and tricks, some of them unique to this manual, are also included. Special section with practice written answer problems is provided. Detailed solutions of recent Course MLC examinations are given. All that is followed by twenty practice examinations at the end of the manual with complete solutions, each practice examination consisting of 20 multiple choice problems and a number of written answer problems to match the current structure of exam MLC.
Dr. Krzysztof M. Ostaszewski, PhD, FSA, FSAS, CFA, CERA, MAAA, is the Actuarial Program Director at Illinois State University, a Center of Actuarial Excellence, and winner of the Casualty Actuarial Society University Award. Dr. Ostaszewski was also the Director for Life and Pensions Research at the Geneva Association, International Association for the Study of Risk and Insurance Economics, in the years 2011-2013. He has taught actuarial science at Illinois State University, New England Actuarial Seminars, University of Louisville, University of Ulm in Germany, Washington University in St. Louis, EM Lyon in France, and Technical University of Lodz in Poland. He has also taught Summer Actuarial School in Poland, and Actex Professional Development Seminars. Dr. Ostaszewski has published four research monographs in actuarial mathematics, two in mathematics, was a Fulbright Research Fellow and a Fulbright Senior Specialist, and has published widely, including journals such as Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, American Economic Review, North American Actuarial Journal, and many others. For his research work, he was the recipient of the prestigious Mehr Award of the American Risk and Insurance Association in 2005, and the Hardigree Award of the Western Risk and Insurance Association in 2003.
Dr. Ostaszewski provides a free YouTube channel with continuously added practice problems at:
Questions? Email the author at:
All Errata for Dr. Ostaszewski’s work can be found at: